Tuesday, June 3, 2008

bliss at 8pm

enlightenment. faith. peace. tranquility. self.




sitting in ft. greene, wondering, wandering, take breath, take deep breath- i received my sigh of relief. my peace is here. no other statement could ever be more true. my inspiration is here. when else would, i, shayla cox, write this. clinton hill, ft. greene, dumbo, all contribute to my flowery existence once i cross that bridge from money, chaos, greed. i ask myself, what is it all for? been asking that a lot lately. i mean really... i'm so over manhattan- wouldn't mind if my entire existence was in brooklyn my love.

sometimes i ask myself what's next. after ny, then what? you really gonna stay here? raise kids here? dunnno. where else can you find the antiquity of architecturally enriched brownstone blocks? or community so nationally/internationally diverse? full of art, fashion, life... everything i have come to love during my 25 years is right here.

is it a phase?

*and if you do know a place that is similar to what is described above, please let me know so i can add it to my list of one. thanks.

2 comments:

The Urbane Epicurean said...

Try San Francisco. The problem inherent to living in NY is that you are forced to believe NY is the only place in the universe of its kind. Falsely deserved hubris

KLC said...

This is beautiful. It feels very good to hear an outsider not BASH the city I call home